Listening to My Inner Voice
One week we were happily meeting for our classes and the next week we weren’t. For me it allowed more time for my personal practice, on-line study, cleaning out my yoga files that had been growing with eighteen years of teaching. I was able to take care of myself, to stay centered and grounded and get quiet on my mat.
It wasn’t long and I heard that inner message “what can I do?” “how can I help my students?” I began making videos- breathing, meditation, Lymph Love, Core, Yoga for Better Sleep. I suggested they make a donation or help someone in need. Many yogis let me know the videos were helping them to be grounded and to have a home practice. That was my motivation to make another video.
I did a little survey to my students? How would they like to meet for practice? Videos, Zoom Classes, Outdoor Pop-ups, In person with social distancing. It was about an even call for each type. I wasn’t really excited about Zoom teaching but decided to try it. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It was good to see my yogi friends again.
I’ve also done a couple of Pop-up yoga classes on my patio with social distancing. It was like arriving at a wonderful vacation destination. I’m really holding on to that feeling of being together to practice. It lifts me.
For now, I’ll continue to offer the Zoom and Pop-up classes. My inner voice is now asking me what can I do to support racial justice? I’m listening.
Please join me for this benefit class!
- Saturday, December 17, 2016
- 10:00 – 11:15 a.m.
- All-Level Class with Shari Gass
- Morton Community Center – 222 N. Chauncey, West Lafayette
- Register by emailing Shari Gass firstname.lastname@example.org – a returned email will be your confirmation.
- Donation: Minimum suggested amount is $15.00. Payment on the day of the class is fine.
- Forms of Payment: Cash or checks payable to Shari Gass.
Thank you for your generosity and support.
Peace and Joy, Shari
It’s a go! I’ve added a Vinyasa Flow session at Morton. Call Morton Center – 765-775-5120 to reserve your spot!
Tuesday 12:00-1:15 July 26 – August 23 $60.00
Peace and joy!
Thanks to Alie and our wonderful yoga community for making the workshop on Sat. so fantastic. By popular demand we will be planning another workshop with Alie.
In the meantime you can catch Alie at Millenium Park in Chicago -http://www.aliemcmanus.com/workshops/
Join me for a fundraising yoga class to benefit Food Finders Food Bank.
*10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
*Morton Community Center – Room 200
*Minimum recommended donation: $15.00 (cash or check made out to Food Finders Food Bank) Donations accepted at the class. No advance payment necessary.
Pleas reply to me to reserve your spot.
Please direct any questions to me rather than the Morton office.
Peace and Joy,
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. – Albert Schweitzer
The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance. – Alan W. Watts
I wanted to share some 2015 yoga scheduling changes with you. I appreciate you sharing your practice with me and I hope my updated schedule works for you too.
- Tues. 12pm Flow at Morton (previously on Mondays)
- I will no longer be teaching the Tues. 5:30pm class at McAllister but will now offer a Wed. 5:30pm at Morton Community Center. If you prefer the McAllister location Debra will be offering a Wed. 5:30pm class there.
- Although I really loved teaching the Restore & Renew class on Thurs. 7:15pm at Morton I will no longer be teaching the class. Debra will be offering it at the same time and place.
- All other classes – Tues. and Thurs. 8:30am at Mcallister and Wed. 10am and 1pm at Morton Center will remain the same.
McAllister Class in-person registration is now open to current students. Online and open registration will being on 12/15.
Morton Center registration will begin Jan. 5th. If you haven’t taken classes at Morton and would like to receive their Class Brochure contact their office – 765-775-5120.
Peace and Joy this holiday season and always,
I’ve loved weaving the Mantras into our practice this session:
Om mani pad me hum – Mantra for compassion – Music by Susanne Sterling Healing Flow with Mantra
Hari Om – Mantra that purifies and removes obstacles. Opens the heart. Awakens prana (natural energy) in the body – Music by Om Hari Ohm Sean Johnson & the Wild Lotus Band
Om Namah Shivaya – This Mantra honors the divine within oneself & others – destroys negativity & replaces with positive – Music by Wah & Wade Imre Morissette
Om Shanti – Peace – Music by Pattabhi Jois and Robert Musso
Ra Ma Da Sa Sa Say So Hung – mantra for healing – Music by Snatam Kaur/ Grace & Siri Sadhana Kaur/ Sacred Nectar
Peace and Joy,
I hope you are enjoying your summer! I hope to see you soon on the mat.
- All-Level Tues. 5:30pm July 8,22,29 $30 Code: 201002-18 This is an additional session and is not listed in the summer brochure.
Yin/Yang Workshops – These workshops will mix the wonderful worlds of Yin, long-slow supported holds with Yang, more active poses and movements. Previous yoga experience recommended.
- Hip Hip Hooray – Wednesday, July 9 – 10 am-noon $20 – This practice is dedicated to our hips. We’ll make nice with the hips by beginning with gentle hip openers. We’ll build strength and find space in the standing poses and then ease off and go in deeper with yin poses. This practice can soothe your mind and your hips!
- Shoulder Love – Wednesday, July 23 – 10am-noon $20 – Yes, Yin for the shoulders! Tight shoulders plague almost everyone and can limit us in so many ways. We’ll open up and strengthen the front, side and back of the shoulders. This practice will help open your shoulders allowing you to feel more calm, spacious, and renewed.
Peace and joy,
Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time. – John Lubbock
Hi Yogi Friend,
I need to make a change to this sessions yoga schedule. I apologize for any inconvenience to you. The change is listed below. If this alternate date doesn’t work for you or you don’t plan on getting to a make-up class during this session please notify the Morton Office ASAP, no later than 3/1 to receive a refund for the effected class. It would be a great help to the office if you could do this sooner than later.
It can be challenging to set your life schedule so far in advance. We are already looking at summer dates! Thank you for being understanding.
Wed. Jan. 15-March 5 (no Class 2/26) 10am Continuing and 1pm All-Level
Thurs Jan. 16-March 6 (no Class 2/27) 12pm Flow
Wed. Jan. 15-March 12 (no Class 2/26 & 3/5) 10am Continuing and 1pm All-Level
Thurs Jan. 16-March 13 (no Class 2/27 & 3/6) 12pm Flow
Thank you for sharing your practice with me,
Peace and Joy,
Join me for a workshop on Saturday, 1/18/14, to get yourself off to a good start this year!
Getting Off to a Good Start
Let’s start the new year with a practice that can shed any lingering holiday stress and welcome breath, movement, and peace. Practice will include breath work, meditation, plenty of movement through asanas, and restorative poses.
Previous yoga experience recommended.
Saturday, January 18, 10:00-Noon (age 14 or older), $20.00 (Gass)
Location: Morton Center, Room 200. Register at Morton – (765) 775-5120
“For last year’s words belong to last year’s language
And next year’s words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.”
― T.S. Eliot